Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My first blog post!

I really cannot  believe that I am sitting at my computer writing a blog post!  This is something I said I would NEVER do!  Why?  Because who in the world wants to read about my life?  I just thought it was pointless.  However, over the last few months I have had a burden to do this.  I look forward to journaling through this blog and perhaps if my experiences can help one or two people, it will be worth it.  So, here I go.  The point of all of this is to share my experiences as a new foster mother.  I have had this title for 3 months now, and it has been an interesting 3 months to say the least.  There is much to share but for now I will just share the Scriptures that have drawn me to this role and keep me going when I am weary:

Psalm 72:1,4  Give justice to the King, O God, and righteousness to the King's son.  Help him to defend the poor, to rescue the children of the needy, and to crush their oppressors.

Romans 12:11-12   Never be lazy in your work, but serve the Lord enthusiastically.  Be glad for all God is planning for you.  Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.  When God's children are in need, be the one to help them out.  And get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner or, if they need lodging, for the night. 

Psalm 10:14b   ...You are the defender of orphans.

Matt 25:35    For I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink.  I was a stranger and you invited me in.  I needed clothes and you clothed me.  I was frightened and you comforted me.... I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers, you did for me.

Phil 4:13   For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

Hebrews 13:2   Do not forget to entertain strangers for by so doing some have entertained angels.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Can't wait to read about your adventure! Your life continues to spur me on to follow the Father. Love you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to be able to follow along with your precious family! Thank you for being willing to share your journey with us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete